Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac OS - Upgrade from 10.5.7 to 10.5.8

I have just done this - apparently successfully. For instance Software Updates says there are no more updates available. However, "About this Mac" says I am still on Version 10.5.7?? Anyone else had this?

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on May 17, 2009 5:23 AM

8 replies

May 17, 2009 6:17 AM in response to RodneyW

Could it be this simple? That the difference between the Finder's OS version and the actual About This MAC's version are causing all these problems. Seems I remember in Tiger that when Apple introduced 10.4.10 that there was a glitch because of the use of double digits, that the programmers had not planned for the last number to contain two (.10) digits. Since both 10.4.0 and 10.4.1 had been used, the system didn't know how to accept the new version.

It would make perfect since that both of those functions should have the same version, and since they don't, things would be flaky.

I have yet to upgrade to 10.5.7 because I remember similar problems when 10.5.6 came out. So, my About This MAC shows 10.5.6 and my About Finder shows 10.5.8!

Sometimes it turns out to be something just as simple as this that is the cause of problems.

GG

Mac OS - Upgrade from 10.5.7 to 10.5.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.