You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to add the  symbol

Hello again-

How do I add the Apple () symbol to my posts? I just did this one by copying and pasting from another thread, but I am sure there is a better way.

Macbook Aluminum 13'' (2.4GHz, 4GB RAM), Mac OS X (10.5.7), FCE 4.0.1 - WD External (250GB) - Canon VIXIA HG21 (AVCHD Camcorder)

Posted on May 18, 2009 12:29 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 18, 2009 1:19 PM

Thank you.
 Sasha
9 replies

May 22, 2009 5:51 PM in response to Ralph-Johns-UK

You're certainly welcome, thanks for the help.

As a side note, I seem to have added that strange symbol to the end of my alias when I was creating it by accident. The alias was supposed to be "skalicki," but it came out as "skalicki`". Since there isn't any way at the moment to modify one's alias without creating a new account, I decided to leave it be. No reason to lose all of these hard-earned points!

Thanks again,
Sasha

May 22, 2009 11:39 AM in response to MGW

Hi Miriam,

Yes I went and slept after I posted to you.

I presume the 4 key where I see the $ as Shift + 4

Mine on my Wireless Keyboard is marked as also having the Euro sign there (€) which on my Mac keyboards is Alt + 2 but I would guess is possibly somewhere else on yours.

Also Hi skalicki`

(That trailing tick sort of symbol also has me fooled I had to Copy and Paste)

Can I thanks you for the Points.

P.S. I think I have found it.
The Mac Keyboard and the one I am using seem to also interchange the keys left of Z and to the left of 1 of the Qwerty part. (not number pad)

User uploaded file

7:39 PM Friday; May 22, 2009

Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"

How to add the  symbol

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.