Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps "Disappearing" From System?

Hey there.
On My MacBook Pro Running 10.5.6 i seem to be missing apps.
I started noticing about 3 weeks ago when my school copy of Illustrator just disappeared.
Today i had to restart. Be fore i did i was using Flash Player, and after it restart its not on my System.
What's going on? Im totally clueless, and its getting really annoying.
Thanks for your help 🙂

MacBook Pro 15" 2.4GHz, Mac OS X (10.5.6), MacBook Pro 15", iPhone 3G, AirPort Express V1, AirPort Express V2

Posted on May 18, 2009 4:07 PM

10 replies

May 18, 2009 4:12 PM in response to Lukeintosh

Have you tried using Spotlight to search for them? Applications do not just spontaneously disappear. Are these applications you have downloaded? Are you sure you installed them and are not simply running them from the downloaded disk image? In the case of the latter the applications are only usable when the disk image is mounted.

May 18, 2009 5:15 PM in response to Lukeintosh

You apparently are trying to run the application from the DVD rather than installing it into your Applications folder. That is why it disappears after you quit using it.

You need to install the applications into your Applications folder following the installation instructions that came with the product. From what you have described that is not what you are doing. And you are not providing the exact steps you are going through to install Illustrator.

Apps "Disappearing" From System?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.