Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Genius... doesn't recognize library

I opened up iTunes this evening and attempted to update Genius results but was met with the following error: "Genius results can't be updated because the iTunes store doesn't recognize your iTunes library. Please turn off Genius using the Store menu, then turn back on."

I am logged in to my account - in fact I just purchased a movie through iTunes, so I know I am logged in. I only have two machines activated under this account. I followed the instructions (turned off then turned on) - and that didn't work at all. Is this something on a local level that I messed up, or are others experiencing this problem?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.6), 2.4 Core 2 Duo - 4 GB

Posted on May 18, 2009 9:04 PM

11 replies

May 18, 2009 9:18 PM in response to mac_wa

You know what's most frustrating? I listened to it and actually turned Genius off only to NOT be able to turn it back on again. This, of course, deleted ALL of my genius playlists (and some of them were actually really good).

I'm thoroughly annoyed right now. It's finals week and I was using those playlists to help study.

Genius... doesn't recognize library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.