Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal server corrupts clients calendars

Hi,

I have searched the internet flat and cannot seem to find a reason for this. I set up Leopard server and updated to 10.5.6. If I set up the iCal server, then open anyones iCal that is attached, their iCal loses all its calendars. i.e. the list of calendars on the left is missing. If I try add a calendar it lets me but still doesn't show up. No appointments show up either.

I get the following error in my system.log:
May 20 16:31:29 macserver iCal[268]: * -[NSURL initWithString:relativeToURL:]: nil string parameter
May 20 16:31:29 macserver iCal[268]: Exception in -[CalDAVAccountRefreshQueueableOperation refreshWithExceptionHandling] :: * -[NSURL initWithString:relativeToURL:]: nil string parameter
May 20 16:31:51 macserver servermgrd[62]: servermgr_calendar: created default calendar virtual host
May 20 16:32:16 macserver iCal[284]: * -[NSURL initWithString:relativeToURL:]: nil string parameter
May 20 16:32:16 macserver iCal[284]: Exception in -[CalDAVAccountRefreshQueueableOperation refreshWithExceptionHandling] :: * -[NSURL initWithString:relativeToURL:]: nil string parameter

I had copied the files in my Calendars folder to a backup. I shut down the server, then went to my iMac and deleted all my calendars and plists relating to iCal. I rebooted, put the backup files back, opened iCal and it all works again. But put the server on, and everything is lost again.

Any ideas?
I then restarted

Macbook, iMac, iPhone, Mac Mini, Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Posted on May 20, 2009 7:50 AM

There are no replies.

iCal server corrupts clients calendars

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.