Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ink

I've only just noticed, on my iMac with 10.5.7, a pane in Sys Prefs called 'Ink'.
I can't remember seeing it before, and we don't have a tablet of any sort.

Any ideas as to why it might be there?

iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo/4GB/Win XP Pro SP3/, Mac OS X (10.5.7), iMac G4 15"/800MHz/1GB and PowerBook G4 17"/1.33 MHz/1GB, both OS 10.4.11

Posted on May 20, 2009 2:55 PM

7 replies

May 20, 2009 3:08 PM in response to Rod Fryer

May be that you are getting a birthday present? Or it's a fluke. Ink should not appear in System Preferences unless you have a tablet connected, although if you cloned from a system that had a tablet in use, then that could explain it's appearance.

However, it's not anything to concerned about. Without a tablet it won't work.

May 20, 2009 11:06 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Carolyn, I've just checked and Handwriting recognition is set to 'Off'.

This is a home computer, and only my wife and I use it. The only things we have connected to it are the keyboard and mouse that came with it. My wife has a Midi controller that she hooks up occasionally.

She has an app called Smart Board that is always active. It automatically opens after a Restart or logout/login. Must be set up to to do that. It's something she finds useful in connection with her work as a teacher. It enables her to work with a whiteboard (Smart Board?), but, needless to say we do not have such a thing here and the iMac of course does not travel with her to school.

I've emailed the Smart Board support team to see if that might explain the Ink Pane. There is a Smart Board Pane under 'Other' in Sys Prefs, that opens a control panel that enables you to set up for connecting pens and Smart Boards, neither of which we possess.

An intriguing puzzle indeed. It's not a problem, as I say, but interesting to try and fathom out.

Ink

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.