Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Newbie help please with Elgato eye tv hybrid

Hi, i have tried to search for advice but not even sure what to search for! I have been asked by my Mother-in-Law to transfer a load of old videos of family, parties weddings etc onto DVD. HELP!!!!

I have managed to get a video recorder (sharp vc m315), it has a SCART output and an aerial output and that is it. I have bought a Elgato eyeTV hybrid (after the apple store staff said that is the product I want), my macbook has the following spec.

Model Identifier: MacBook3,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 1 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz

When I follow the instructions and connect up the eye tv hybrid using SCART or using RCA leads and SCART adaptor I get a message that says no signal. If i connect an old coaxial cable from the aerial output to the aerial input on the eye tv, i get a very grainy picture and no sound,,,totally unwatchable but there is some form of output.

Any advice as to what I am doing wrong or have I bought the wrong piece of kit for the job?

Many thanks and I apologise if this has been answered already and i didn't find the answer.

macbook, Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Posted on May 21, 2009 7:37 AM

3 replies

May 22, 2009 3:27 PM in response to burghead

I'm having problems with my Hybrid too. I got mine in December, it didn't tune into Analog or Digital and after a while I gave up and just used iPlayer etc for watching TV on the computer, I thought it was due to the dodgy co-ax in my house.

I've just had all the cabling re-done, and tried it again and it's exactly the same, like you are seeing it's giving an unwatchable picture on Analog, and digital just stutters. Even taking the RF2 output straight from the back of my SKY box, it still gets no picture. I'm going to give it to a friend with an older version to do a comparison at their house, and if it doesn't work there I'll return it.

Sorry I can't help, but I do sympathise!

Message was edited by: Shuttleworth125

Newbie help please with Elgato eye tv hybrid

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.