Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canon HF S10 will not Import

I recently ordered a Canon HF S10. The first time I used it, I used my black MacBook (running 10.4.11) and iMovie '08 to transfer the files. Everything transfered fine. Later, I plugged the camera into my white iMac (running 10.5.7 and iMovie '08). When I did, I got the dull screen that tells you the computer must be restarted. When I restarted, it would no longer recognize my external hard drive, and gave me errors every time I tried to import from the HF S10.

I went through a process and was able to recover data from the hard drive onto another drive. I upgraded to iMovie '09. I initialized the memory on the camera several times. I still get an error when trying to transfer video. The archive option provides an error also.

I just grabbed my MacBook and plugged the camera into it. Bingo, the video transfers fine. Plug the camera back into the iMac, error. I have tried running the camera through the USB hub. I have tried running the camera through a USB port on the back of the iMac. I always get the same result.

Someone please help. I need to video something tomorrow, and will not be able to initialize the memory after I film that until I can get the movie onto my iMac.

What can I do to make it work?

24" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.33GHz (White), Mac OS X (10.5.7), 1 GB RAM, 500 GB HD

Posted on May 21, 2009 4:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2009 1:22 PM

Read thread http://discussions.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=9216204#9216204.

For me, I leave the Log and Transfer window open for a little while and then try again. I try several times until it eventually load my files. It also helps formatting the card.
2 replies

Jun 6, 2009 9:12 PM in response to Cary B

I figured out another way. I have an HF S100. Basically what I found out is that I have to connect the camera AFTER I open the Log and Transfer window. You can then transfer your clips as usual. In order for the Log and Transfer to work again you have to EJECT the camera from the Log and Transfer window. This has been working consistently for me. Go to thread http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=9573812#9573812 for a more detailed explanation.

Good luck.

Canon HF S10 will not Import

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.