Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

keyboard shortcut insert page break?

Hi all, the keyboard shortcut for insert page break is command-enter according to the help menu. But when I press that combination, nothing happens... Now for the stupid part of the question: the return key on the apple keyboard also says 'enter' in smaller letters. Now this is the same key, or not?

Anyways, any tips appreciated.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Posted on May 23, 2009 2:45 AM

3 replies

May 23, 2009 5:03 AM in response to Eddy777

Where did you see the key board shortcut for inset page break?? I can't find it in the help menu nor does the Insert menu show that there is a keyboard shortcut. This is what the Pages User Guide says:

+Here are ways to insert a page break:+
+In a word processing document, click where you want the break to occur, and then+
+choose Insert > Page Break.+
+To remove a page break, click at the beginning of the line that follows the break and+
+press the Delete key.+
+In a page layout document, to insert a new page in your document, click Pages in the+
+toolbar and choose from the template page options available.+

BUT I found that you can use Shift + numeric Enter. On my MBP I use Shift + fn-key + enter

That is how one did it in AppleWorks and it seems to work in Pages too!

keyboard shortcut insert page break?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.