Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google Maps or iPhone 3G Maps issue?

Hi,
When I go to Google Maps on my Mac, it locates my home address without any issue (supplying street, city, state, and zip) but when I do this on my new iPhone 3G in Maps, it comes up saying it couldn't find anything. I double checked the typing, any ideas?

AlBook 15" (FW800) 1Ghz - 768Mb Ram, Mac OS X (10.4.11), PowerMac G3 Beige, iPod 30Gb, iPhone 3G

Posted on May 27, 2009 8:01 AM

3 replies

May 27, 2009 10:16 AM in response to Scan

The Google maps database that is used by the iPhone is different from the Google maps database used by Google maps with a browser on a computer, which is different from the maps database used by the Google Earth application.

Are you able to locate your street starting out by just entering the city and state zooming in to the street where your house is located? If your street is available when doing it this way, it should show up when entering the street name, city, and state when doing a search.

How about when using location services with the Maps application when you are at home?

May 28, 2009 12:25 PM in response to Allan Sampson

Hi Allan,
thanks for the answer, I didn't know that they were different databases, however I resolved that issue by typing the address differently. I think it's that: basically in AddressBook, you just have one field for street, then one for city, etc.. while in iphone two fields for street info. If you have to put more than the street name and number like in my case (for example Stair A, 3rd floor), edit it in iphone: it will appear in AddressBook in the unique field and Maps will understand and locate me. If you do the inverse, edit that info in AddressBook and then sync with iphone, Maps won't understand.

Google Maps or iPhone 3G Maps issue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.