Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get my Korg M50 Workstation to work in Logic?

I'm assuming I have to get a MIDI interface.... Will this allow me to use the sounds on my Korg keyboard in Logic 8 Express and record them in Logic in perfect quality? In Logic, how do I get it to recognize my Korg?

Any help would be great, I'm new to all of this and the manual is making me nuts!

Kyle

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.6), iPod Classic 120GB Kindle 2 Korg M50 Blackberry Curve

Posted on May 27, 2009 11:00 PM

8 replies

May 28, 2009 3:51 AM in response to PianoManKD

Hi,

a MIDI interface alone will not enable you to record the sound of an external keyboard.

You will need a combined Audio/MIDI interface. Many Interfaces come with Audio and MIDI together. You can then trigger the Korg with Logic's MIDI tracks and record the sound of the Korg into an Audio track.

Also, once you have got your Interface, see "aggregate device" (just preventing another inevitable question)

Fox

May 29, 2009 5:32 AM in response to PianoManKD

You want me to be honest? I won't buy anything from M-Audio. Heard a lot of issues about them devices here in the forum. However, some of them might be without problems. I would recommend testing it before you pay the bill...

Just search this forum (and the Logic Pro Forums) for "Audio Interface" and "M-Audio" and see for yourself.

Fox

May 29, 2009 11:09 PM in response to PianoManKD

Learn something: Nothing in life is "safe". But you can buy one if you really want to 🙂 However, like i said: If you have the opportunity to test one in the store, go for it.

I would recommend a firewire interface, but that's totally up to you. Many here would recommend the Apogee Duet, but we've heard of broken devices there, too. I myself have a broken Alesis that needs multiple plug into USB / pull out of USB to start up, but once it works, it is great. I used an Edirol UA-25 EX with great pleasure and usually work with the Tascam Fireone.

To test the Thing, connect a dynamic mic and record something with the Gain knobs turned to full gain. Listen to the hiss. Listen to the soft background noises of the room you are testing in (maybe cough or tell something far away from the mic, hear a car passing by or so). Buy the one with the least hiss while having clear and crisp background noises.

Fox

How can I get my Korg M50 Workstation to work in Logic?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.