Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using LiveType in FCP

Hello everyone, I posted previously on this forum about creating graphics for my 720p60 - DVCPRO HD project, and I received some very helpful answers but it still didn't make the graphics my employer is using super smooth and crisp....

We have been reading about LiveType, and was wondering if this is a good utility to use when creating slides for FCP? Do they come out crisp and clear? Are there any special secrets to using LiveType?

Thanks in advance for the replies!

Apple, Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Posted on May 29, 2009 10:14 AM

4 replies

May 31, 2009 9:57 AM in response to secretpro

We have been reading about LiveType,< </div>

Forget reading about LT, get in there and get your hands dirty. LiveType is not like any other application ever created for the Macintosh and, in this case, that's a very bad thing. The interface paradigm is completely different from everything else in the Final Cut Studio. Learning LT's weirdnesses takes time and patience.

and was wondering if this is a good utility to use when creating slides for FCP? < </div>

Slides? Like Keynote or PowerPoint? Yes. No. LT is a titler for video, it's not a motion graphics compositing or slide show presentation creation system.

Do they come out crisp and clear? Are there any special secrets to using LiveType?< </div>

Of course they do. But your success depends completely and only upon your ability to fully understand the huge differences between video and computer displays. And if youa re compressing to a smaller file format or for Web delivery, you must be able to compensate for the loss of image quality.

bogiesan

Using LiveType in FCP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.