Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

importing analog audio

I would like to import my old cassette tapes into iTunes. How do I do it? I have connected the RCA cables from the deck to the import on the back of my tower. Now what? I've done this before but can't recall just how. I see I do have Audacity already installed but it doesn't seem to notice when the deck is playing.

Dual 1.25 GHz G4, Mac OS X (10.3.x), 1.25 GB DDR SDRAM

Posted on May 29, 2009 2:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2009 6:46 AM

In Audacity you would need to go into the preferences and select the I/O Source (audio input) device to be sure it's pointed to the correct one to accept the incoming signal from your tape player. You might find it easier to use GarageBand to record the audio, then manipulate the file in Audacity.
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2009 6:46 AM in response to taueva

In Audacity you would need to go into the preferences and select the I/O Source (audio input) device to be sure it's pointed to the correct one to accept the incoming signal from your tape player. You might find it easier to use GarageBand to record the audio, then manipulate the file in Audacity.

importing analog audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.