Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flash in iWeb 09

Hi all,

I'm pretty new to everything related to web-publishing, and have been having a go at iWeb 09. My problem is as follows:

I have created a simple slideshow in Adobe Flash CS4. When publishing out of Adobe Flash, it will create a few files; the flash file and a HTML file on a folder on my hard drive. Now; how can I get this on my iWeb website?? I think I would need to use the HTML widget, but I have no experience in HTML programming. When dragging and dropping, it just converts the file name in a text box. I did try to open the HTML file using Taco and then pasting the code into the HTML Widget. iWeb then creates a white box, but no movie/slideshow can be seen. I guess it somehow needs to link to the flash file, but I do not know how....

Is there an easy way of doing so? And if there is no easy way, is there a complex way that somebody can explain in easy steps? 😉

Many thanks for your help!!!

Btw: I am publishing to an external FTP Server (not a .mac account).

Bart

Mac Pro, 2x2.8Ghz Quad Core Intel Xeon, 6GB 800 Mhz, 1.86Ghz MacBook Air, 128GB Solid State Drive, Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Posted on May 30, 2009 11:48 PM

5 replies

May 31, 2009 1:58 AM in response to Bartje_78

Bartje_78 wrote:
I am publishing to an external FTP Server (not a .mac account).

Bart ~ Welcome to the discussions. .Mac was re-branded as MobileMe last July.
Bartje_78 wrote:
I guess it somehow needs to link to the flash file

Chapter 4 here may help:

http://iwebfaq.org/site/iWeb_Movies.html

And although the following instructions are for MobileMe, they may still be useful to see:

http://web.mac.com/catucker/InsideOutside/Flash.html

User uploaded file

May 31, 2009 1:55 PM in response to Bartje_78

I'm not an expert, but if you double click and open your main HD (click on the root drive ususally has your name in the side panel - like Tom's Mac, etc.) Then when you see the contents of your drive, select "Movies" and open it. That's where you'll want to put your movie so when you open iWeb and select Movies in the Media Panel on the right, you'll see your movie. Just drag it into your page. One caveat. I believe you'll need to convert your movie into a QT .mov file first. Right click on your movie file and (holding down the Option key you'll see "Always open with" and then select QuickTime. Once in QuickTime do a 'Saveas' to QuickTime. - my 2 cents.

Jun 6, 2009 8:57 AM in response to Bartje_78

These are good tutorials but, unfortunately like a lot of similar sites, the information is outdated and can be confusing to anybody starting out as a newbie with iWeb '09.
The tutorial uses iWeb'08 and .Mac as the basis.
Using flash files with a commercial server is a lot more efficient and easier to implement although this makes the "new" iWeb FTP somewhat useless as it is incapable of achieving this simple task.

Flash in iWeb 09

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.