Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts won't sync between iPhone and iMac through Mobile Me.

When I try to sync contacts through mobile me from my iMac it tells me that the contacts could not be synced because of conflicting data. Not sure what this means since, as far as I know the contacts on my phone and in my address book are the same. Any help will be appreciated.

24" iMac, 13" Macbook, iPhone 3G, Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Posted on Jun 2, 2009 4:47 AM

4 replies

Jun 12, 2009 6:06 PM in response to Antiriad

I had a similar issue, and I believe this should work for you:

1. In your iPhone, go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > (your MobileMe account)

2. Turn Contacts off.

3. When the "Stop Syncing" dialog comes up, select "Stop Syncing."

4. Wait while the gear spins. This should take a minute or two.

3. When Contacts is successfully turned off, switch it back on again.

If you go immediately to Contacts, it should tell you that there are no contacts on your iPhone. When your iPhone next syncs with MobileMe, all your contacts will come back from the cloud and appear in your Contacts app.

Good luck!

Jul 9, 2009 11:58 AM in response to The Graphicist

Wait!!! Before you do that, make sure you've back up what IS on your phone (because contacts you added on your phone will be erased).

Here's somehting I just figured out after many headaches and not sure why it's not listed anywhere.

Yeah, make sure it's set on the iphone. and yeah make sure it's set for isync or whatever, but in your contacts program on the mac... there is a preferences check-box there to allow it to sync. This finally solved my problems and I wonder why everything I read never tells me to go there

Contacts won't sync between iPhone and iMac through Mobile Me.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.