Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie '08 Capacity Full and Cannot Transfter DVD's into Macbook

I recently purchased a 13" Macbook Unibody off eBay. The unit is in good shape and the previous owner has installed a Zagg Invisible Shield over the entire Macbook and the battery holds a full charge. I bought the Macbook to use editing some old VHS footage I had converted to DVD.

When I try to import a DVD to my desktop so I can edit it using iMovie '08, I get the error "Unable to create 'DVD Video Recording.dmg' (Input/Output Error). At the bottom of the screen it says DVD Video Recording Capacity 2.1 GB
Avaiable 0 Bytes
Used 2.1 GB
Number of Files 4,293,886,887

The Space Utilized indicates: 20.09 GB and Space Free: 277.69 GB. When I received the Macbook I inserted the Applications Install DVD and entered my personal info. I thought this was the clean install you are referring to?

When I purchased the item, the previous owner stated the only blemish was a dead pixel at the bottom of the screen and he showed a picture of it in his add. After re-installing the applications DVD, this one dead pixel is no longer there. I don't know if this is a clue, but I am including all the info I can.

I checked out System Memory in the Activity Monitor and it indicates
Free:2.97GB ; VM Size: 31.57 GB

Wired: 414.92 MB Page Ins: 167.48 MB

Active: 322.36 MB Page Outs: 0 Bytes

Inactive: 45.57 MB Swap Used: 0 Bytes

Used: 782.80 MB

When I click on Disk Activity in indicates:
Reads In: 34065 Data Read: 1.4 GB

Writes Out: 11885 Data Written 703.89 MB

Read In/Read Out and Data Read/Data Written all say 0 Bytes

When I double clicked on Activity Monitor it indicates:

Real Memory Size: 18.43 MB (this fluctuates between 18.39 and 18.50 MB)

Virtual Memory Size: 420.77 MB/421.00 MB

Shared Memory Size: 0 Bytes

Private Memory Size: 8.54 MB/8.71 MB

Virtual Private Memory: 42.45MB/42.67MB

Why do these numbers fluctuate every second or two?

Why won't my Macbook Transfer DVD's into the hardrive so I can edit them with iMovie? Thank you for your help.

Curtis Bradley, R.Ph.

Macbook 13.3 Unibody, Mac OS X (10.0.x), 2.4ghz 320gb 4gb RAM

Posted on Jun 3, 2009 3:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2009 4:10 AM

I don't have time to give a full answer right now, but if you do a search on "import DVD" or better yet "DVD MPEG STREAMCLIP", you will find lots of entries.
5 replies

iMovie '08 Capacity Full and Cannot Transfter DVD's into Macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.