Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal History?

How long does iCal keep events for?

I've set the preferences not to delete past events but iCal seems to have deleted everything over a year old. Unfortunately I need to check an older date, if I've missed the opportunity, then I guess it's tough and I'll have to live with it.

Cheers

White Tiger

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.7), G5

Posted on Jun 5, 2009 9:08 AM

4 replies

Jun 6, 2009 9:24 PM in response to White Tiger

White Tiger,

I have events that go back 6 years.
I've set the preferences not to delete past events but iCal seems to have deleted everything over a year old.

How long have you been using iCal?

Did you ever change/check the setting in iCal>Preferences...>Advanced> "Delete events xx days after they are completed?"

Are you using any sync software?

;~)

User uploaded file

Jun 9, 2009 4:53 AM in response to Ferd II

Hi Ferd, I've been using iCal for a about 2 yrs and initially used to sync with a Palm (across a MacBook and a G5). Ditched the Palm a few months ago as it was getting old and unreliable and started using my iPod Touch (1st Gen) and calendar events synced OK but then just disappeared. I did make sure that setting for deletion of past events was set NOT to delete.

It's not desperate, I was just trying to remember when I went on a training course as I've been tardy and not updated my personal training / devt log. My fault, I'll live with it and learn.

White Tiger

+"If we learn from our mistakes, then I'm receiving a great education"+

iCal History?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.