Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

90 Day Phone support

I ordered a new iMac yesterday and when i asked about the 90 day phone support i was told that if i didnt order the applecare that it wasnt so much 90 days of phone support as it was 1 question that i have 90 days to ask. is this true? do i really only get one question? i am a new Mac user and it seems to me that they shouldnt advertise 90 days of phone support if you only get one question. and as a second question, what are peoples oppinion on the applecare. should i worry about something going wrong with it? i dont know how reliable any Macs are. thanks for the help!

Posted on Nov 9, 2005 4:43 PM

13 replies

Nov 10, 2005 2:42 PM in response to James Cote

You can ask as many questions as you like for that 90 days.

Purchasing Apple Care not only extends that period to 3 years but gets you home repair support which is highly recommended.

Apple Care at the cost of less than 20% of the purchase price of an iMac is well worth the investment because I believe after the first year the parts and labor will cost you.

Nov 10, 2005 6:31 PM in response to James Cote

You get 90 days of phone support and it isn't limited to any number of calls. Also with you imac on the apple discussion web site you also can chat with a support agent. I like the chat with a support agent very much. It is the only way I have used apple support. Not only can they tell you what to do they can send you a document to read in real time as you are chatting.

Nov 11, 2005 12:13 PM in response to James Cote

Hi James
I got the same speil about 1 question in 90 days from an apple guy in the Lakeside Store in the UK when I was looking at the new iMac. I was a amazed and left the store deciding never to buy another mac. Can anyone point me to a policy statement on the apple site that confirms the 90 day is unlimited and not as stated by the apple employee?

90 Day Phone support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.