Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

COnstant Disconnections while playing World Of Warcraft.

I have been having connection problems with World of Warcraft every since the expansion pac came out. It seems that 80% of the time when i transition from one place the game to another via death ot moving through the portals or into the instances the computer starts to stutter like a scratched CD then I become disconnected , not just from the game but from the internet period. I have to restart my Mac Book in order to get back o the internet. According to blizzard , the transitions are actually from one server to the next, so it seems that during that transition my Mac Book is having a problem and eventually losses connectivity with the internet. This is what I have :

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook2,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB
Memory: 1 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MB21.00A5.B07
SMC Version: 1.17f0
Serial Number: W87433NVZ5V
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

Someone Please Help!?!?

mac book, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Jun 6, 2009 12:47 PM

6 replies

Jun 7, 2009 12:30 PM in response to bonefidefool

Hi bonefidefool,

You indicated that you're losing network connectivity in general, in addition to connection to the game. How are you connected when playing? Over WiFi or Ethernet? What if you try connecting via the other method (to the one you're currently using), does anything change?

Are you having any connectivity issues, outside of WoW, such as with basic Internet surfing, YouTube, downloading, iTunes, etc.

Do you have the ability to take the machine to another location? Like a friend's house, or somewhere else that you can try playing? We need to try to pinpoint if we're dealing with:

- A machine issue
- A network issue at your current location
- A World of Warcraft issue

Jun 8, 2009 6:49 PM in response to ThatRyGuy01

WoW Mac Support contacted me and said it is something where I would need to reset/update my firmware... I'm not very literate when it comes to computers so I'm not even sure where I would begin with something like that. WoW just released a new patch and it seems like that is the reason this all started. I wasn't having any problems until that. Is there a way to reset something on the Mac to change it's settings? Update?

Jun 9, 2009 6:05 PM in response to Soft Reset

yes it ONLY happens when im playing wow and when Im making a "transition" from one place to another. it never does it when im yahoo playing dominoes or anywhere else for that matter online. I am going thru a router m but i have connected straight to the cable modem and same thing so that rules out the router, besides, when it happens, my PC which is running thru the same router, is still connected to the internet and surfing or whatever with no problem. Its just my mac that disconnects.

Sep 2, 2009 6:40 AM in response to ThatRyGuy01

Did you ever get an answer to this problem? I've been having the same problem all summer. I actually stopped playing WoW for awhile, but I dig the game, and I dig playing it on my Macbook. It started about the same time as you, and I've been waiting for either an Apple or WoW patch to fix it, but no dice. I tried connecting directly to the cable modem to rule out my wifi router, and it still happens. Even using ifconfig down/up doesn't bring the network back...only a reboot. It's absolutely maddening.

COnstant Disconnections while playing World Of Warcraft.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.