Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes and Gapless CD Burning.. iTunes Problem or drive problem?

I've been trying without success to burn a gapless audio cd of a concert. I lost my original burned CD and am trying to burn another one, however this time around, im on a different Mac (before I was using a 1Ghz Emac G4 now Im using the 08 MacBook Pro w/superdrive)

Ive been reading about this issue which has lead me to no solutions. I have everything set correctly as I did before (set the album and tracks to Gapless and have the gap between tracks set to none when burning) but still get a "hiccup" between tracks.

One thing I did learn is that in order to burn a Gapless audio CD, the burning program and the drive need to support Disc At Once (DAO). I read that iTunes does not support this, but I know I was able to burn gapless successfully before. Here are the specs for my SuperDrive according to the system profiler..

HL-DT-ST DVDRW GS21N:

Firmware Revision: SA14
Interconnect: ATAPI
Burn Support: Yes (Apple Shipping Drive)
Cache: 2048 KB
Reads DVD: Yes
CD-Write: -R, -RW
DVD-Write: -R, -R DL, -RW, +R, +R DL, +RW
Write Strategies: CD-TAO, CD-SAO, CD-Raw, DVD-DAO
Media:
Type: DVD-R
ID: CMC MAG. AM3
Blank: No
Erasable: No
Overwritable: No
Appendable: No

And I just updated iTunes to the most recent version. Is there any way around the hiccups?? Any suggestions and possible solutions are welcome!

MacBook Pro (Oct 08), Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Posted on Jun 6, 2009 2:59 PM

There are no replies.

iTunes and Gapless CD Burning.. iTunes Problem or drive problem?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.