Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 3GS video quality???

Other than the VGA 30fps there were no specific details on the quality of the video that we can take with the iPhone 3GS. Does anyone have any additional details or even better an example video that shows the quality? I am still debating if i need to get a Flip Mino HD or if the iPhone will have a decent quality picture for viewing on a computer or tv screen and not just the phone itself.

MacBook 2Ghz, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Jun 8, 2009 4:13 PM

4 replies

Jun 8, 2009 11:02 PM in response to Jef A.

If your thinking on getting the Flip HD for breath taking HD quality, you can forget that. I have a Flip Mino HD, it's far from what you probably think the video quality should be...but then again I know the limitations of the Flip HD and I'm not complaining. I use it for what it is, fast, small, and easy to use.

From what I have read the iPhone 3gs can record 640x360 (VGA, SD) video. Just because it records at that pixel dimension doesn't mean the video quality can't be better than HD video. The Flip HD records at 1280x720, and that's why it called HD.

If the video quality of the new iPhone is better than the Flip HD...go with the iPhone.

iPhone 3GS video quality???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.