Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Reset Sync History" option. What is this?

Hello!

My iPod is not syncing to my computer. I was wondering if the "Reset Sync History" button would help. It is located in the preferences under "Devices."

When I click the button it says:

"Are you sure you want to reset sync history? Use this feature to delete all history maintained by this computer. This will not delete the actual synchronized info stored in individual applications or on the iPod.

The next time you sync, the computer will behave as if it is being synced for the first time. You may then be asked to merge or replace info on this computer with info from the iPod."

I don't care if it erases the music on my iPod when I sync it. I was just afraid that it would actually erase the music on my computer for the music on my iPod. What do you think it would do?

I'm afraid to try it!

HP Pavilion, Windows Vista

Posted on Jun 8, 2009 9:41 PM

1 reply

Jun 8, 2009 10:59 PM in response to Allstar92490

When I reset the sync history, nothing happened to my music.

You can always back up before doing this
The file you want to backup before updating itunes is iTunes Library.itl
That is the one that holds all your metadata. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1660

I usually export the library using File/Library/export library.
I also make a copy of the file and put it in another folder (not the music folder)

"Reset Sync History" option. What is this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.