Thanks for the reply,
That's an interesting theory. These error messages occur when Logic is displaying the Autoload and before the "rebuilding tree" message. My Autoload has no plugins or instruments so I wonder if there is a link...
I have trashed the AU preferences and rescanned, rebuilt permissions, etc, but no difference.
Is it possible that you have at some time installed some plug-ins, & then later on removed them? My guess is that these are legacy files from a poorly-uninstalled plug-in or two.
If you can remember doing anything like this, find the original installers for the plug-ins & run them; but instead of installing the plug-ins again, choose "uninstall".
Sorry, I should have been more thorough in my description.
I only see these messages when I initially launch logic. Loading subsequent projects does not generate these errors. At each error screen there is a 'progress bar' window which is waiting at 0% until I click the "cancel" button and the same thing repeats for the next one.
That was a great suggestion. I disabled the core audio driver and relaunched. No difference.
At least we now know what it isn't....
What is the file that Logic 7 uses as it's "autoload"? It used to be named "autoload" in previous versions...
Since I only get these errors upon startup, and I do not get them while loading any subsequent songs, I changed the startup preference to "automatically load most recent song on startup" and then relaunched.
Ugh.. no difference.
It seems that those files are a part of the Logic 7 structure rather than song related.
I'm more & more convinced you have some legacy components. Have a look in here:
+Library > Application Support > Logic > Plug-In Settings+ &
+Users > (username) > Library > Application Support > Logic > Plug-In Settings+
LMK if you see anything suspicious in either of those folders.
Actually, I'm on 8 now, & I don't remember where 3rd-party plug-ins should live for 7 (would someone else like to chime in now?), but wherever it is — that's where you should look.
I am well versed in the plugin management of logic 7 and 8.. I do quite a bit of consulting / testing / development for several 3rd party plugin companies, as well as writing my own plugins.
Nothing changed in my system -except- updating quicktime and safari...
I doubt it is plugin related, since the problem exists even with the core audio driver disabled.
In addition I tried this tip from the manual:
"If you press Shift-Control while launching Logic, the AU Safe Mode will be used:
Only plug-ins that passed the validation test will be used; manually activated plug-ins
that failed the validation test will not be available."
I am going to investigate the other key combination - launch options to see if there is a driver issue elsewhere...