3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 16, 2009 6:53 AM by Maddog1028
Maddog1028 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
My Nokia 6620 will not sync anymore. I get an unexpected error along with this log:8:22:02 PM Connecting to Nokia 6620

8:22:02 PM Device “Nokia 6620” connected

8:22:02 PM Receiving changes from “Nokia 6620”.

8:22:03 PM “Nokia 6620” Receiving changes complete

8:22:03 PM “Nokia 6620” Processing changes…

8:22:18 PM “Nokia 6620” Engine processing complete

8:22:18 PM Applying changes to “Nokia 6620”

8:22:20 PM Error [Nokia 6620] An unexpected error occurred.

8:22:20 PM Error Device “Nokia 6620” synchronization failed.

It appears to be a Nokia problem as iSync is connecting. I have been syncing this phone for over a year, no problem. All of a sudden tonight, I get this error.

Any ideas?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.7)
  • Julian Wright Level 7 Level 7 (34,860 points)
    Firstly, have you tried clicking "Reset Sync History..." in iSync Preferences?

If that doesn't help, then most likely some corruption has occurred in either your Contacts or Calendars which the phone is rejecting.

Try syncing just contacts and then just calendars to determine which one is the problem.

You can then try syncing just a subset of the data to narrow down where the corrupt record is.

The corruption can often be fixed by exporting the offending record from Address Book or iCal, deleting it and then re-importing it again.
  • Maddog1028 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Julian,

Thanks. Yes, I did Reset the Sync History. Unfortunately, it deleted all my contacts and calendar items from the phone. I still got the same error.

Contacted Nokia and they said it is a problem with iSync. There is an iSync agent on the phone and I was wondering if this is corrupted.

I will try your suggestion and let you know.

Thanks again!
    Ken
  • Maddog1028 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Julian,

I did what you said. It now works. There must have been a corrupted contact.

I removed all the contacts from my Nokia folder in Address Book and re-entered the ones I wanted. There were some contacts that I don't call that much. So, I thought I would start with a sample set. It synced fine. So, unfortunately, I don't know which contact was the "bad" one.

Thanks again!
    Ken