Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 4 help dialog not working

My Safari 4.0 HELP menu dialog is not working. Keeps giving me the "No Topics Found". I think there is a help.plist file that needs to be removed & restart Safari?? Any suggestions would be helpful. Still trying to figure out the TOP SITES and cover flow functions. The help menu would be helpful?

15" MacBook Pro, core duo2, 4G ram, Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Posted on Jun 9, 2009 6:27 PM

2 replies

Jun 21, 2009 10:00 AM in response to Jonathan Hils

I had the same problem after using software update to install Safari 4.0. You have to reset the Help Viewer. Heres a link that explains how to do it. Step 3 tells you to "trash the com.apple.helpui folder". I didn't trash the entire folder - only the Safari Help folder within it. Actually I didn't trash anything - I dragged each of these files or folders to a folder I created on the desktop just in case I needed to reinstall them. I didn't follow steps 4 or 5 either but the links in Safari Help work now. Also note some of these files or folders may not exist on your computer - they didn't on mine.

http://www.thexlab.com/faqs/helpviewer.html#Anchor-Help-33869

Safari 4 help dialog not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.