Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

QUESTION ABOUT THE RAM?

Okay so I'm going to be getting the 13 inch Macbook Pro for college this summer, and I have a few questions.
I know online you can bring it up from 2GB RAM to 4, if I get it in an Apple Store, can I do that there as well?
Also, I know it can go up to 8GB of RAM. I know a bit ago on my PC our computer guy suggested we get more RAM (as mine only had 512 I think) and he told us where to order the sticks of it and he came and he installed it in our machines.
Is getting the RAM for the Macs like a one time deal sort of thing, you can only get it when you order it and that is that? Or can you buy RAM and go to the Apple Store and have them put it in for you? Or is that impossible because of the unibody frame?
As you probably can tell, I am not too smart on the hardware of computers~
Thanks for all of your help!!

-- Jenna

Posted on Jun 10, 2009 4:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2009 5:14 PM

First question the answer is yes.

Second question if go into the Apple store they will help you, you can also install it yourself.
2 replies

QUESTION ABOUT THE RAM?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.