Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safari-How to reset, or total reinstall

hi, in addition to my other post, I've tried five ways to fix, reinstall, revert, and trying to make safari work, but no go. what am I missing.

In my version of safari 4.0, there are no clickable links whatsoever and the browser is unusable.

Anyone know how to help?

Mac Pro 3,1 8800GT 13 gb RAM, 4 TB hd, Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Posted on Jun 11, 2009 1:02 PM

2 replies

Jun 12, 2009 11:32 AM in response to hpr3

for safari? nothing. Firefox a mess of them. I had Safari 3 installed, then tried the beta, then switched back to 3, then 4 came out of beta and tried to install that, and that started it. in Safari, There is NO way I can click on anything within the browser window, no link, images, anything at all to start browsing, except the fav links at the top those work, and bookmarks as well, but those only get to get sent to the page of whatever address it is, then back to not having anything to actively click within the page.

I tried reinstalling 4, nada
I tried removing 4 and reinstalling again, nada
I tried even installing manually, by coping everything over from the bom package, and still nada. hmm dunno what is going on.

safari-How to reset, or total reinstall

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.