Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBook G4 display size problem

I ran the Safari 4.0 update and restarted my iBook G4 (PowerPC). Now the display is slightly larger than my actual screen size, and the graphics quality is worse -- everything appears slightly out of focus. As I move the mouse around, the display moves also; for example, if I move the mouse to the upper left, the Apple menu icon comes into view, but I can't see the dock on the right, and if I move the mouse to the right, the dock comes into view, but the Apple menu moves beyond the edge of the screen. I looked at the Displays menu; I'm set at 1024x768, and my only other options are 640x480 and 800x600, neither of which helps. What has happened, and how do I get my old display back?

iBook G4, Mac OS X (10.4.11), PowerPC, 1.33 GHz

Posted on Jun 11, 2009 3:32 PM

1 reply

Jun 11, 2009 6:34 PM in response to Robert Grossman

I posted this same question on MacRumors, and someone told me how to solve my problem. For some reason, the zoom function (for people with vision problems) had been turned on. I went to System Preferences -> Universal Access and turned zoom off. Problem solved. Only question remaining is how it turned on in the first place. There's apparently a quick-key combination to turn it on, so I'll blame the cat walking across the keyboard.

iBook G4 display size problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.