Coming soon: Apple Event on 9/9 at 10 a.m. PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PDF Icons are all different

Why is it that the PDF icons on my desktop are different from each other? One is the standard red/Adobe PDF icon, another looks like a page, another looks like a binder, another is a photo showing the content of the file. All were created within the same program (Photoshop) as I was saving multiple files. Incidentally, they are all files containing one photo each, but only one file shows the photo as the PDF icon.
I saved them through the print menu.

Thanks for any insight to this!

Jeff

iMac intel, Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Posted on Jun 12, 2009 12:34 PM

4 replies

Jun 12, 2009 12:53 PM in response to vanmark77

No matter how they were created, the icon relates to the app that is the default for the file.
Right-Click one of the files that has the right icon/thumbnail on it and select "Get Info"
Then under "Open With" select the correct opening app which should be the correct one in this case.
Then under that, where it says,
"Use this app to open all documents like this" click the button
"Change All"
That should fix the problem.

Jun 12, 2009 4:20 PM in response to vanmark77

vanmark77 wrote:
The problem is that all of my files were made in Photoshop within 10 minutes of each other. I went to ++get info++ and they are already set to open with Adobe Reader. Not a big problem, just curious as to why the icons are different, or if it means anything.

Then it depends on how PhotoShop selects the thumbnail from the graphic file.

PDF Icons are all different

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.