10057 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 4, 2009 1:52 PM by PoojaC20
Hope this helps someone.
Steps to Resolve:
1. Removing all usb drives and re installing them did not work for me, though it did for a lot of others over the internet. So, first step try that. If it does not work, follow rest of the steps.
2. Remove all external devices. Remove all usb drivers - Device Manager, under USB tree, uninstall all nodes.
3. Reboot system. New devices will be detected. Don't plug-in anything external.
4. Upgrade intel chipset by downloading the right version from this link http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?ProductID=816&DwnldID=8178&lang =eng (if the link stops working, google for infinst_auto.exe)
5. Reboot (even if it seems not required)
6. Plug-in the external device
Summary of my machine state: Ubuntu host, XP guest on VirtualBox with iTunes 8, problem manifested after I upgraded to Jaunty.