Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there an adapter for this?

i want to take the audio & video out of our new iMac 24" and put the video signal into a projector with composite (blue, red, yellow) inputs and the audio into a stereo.

can someone suggest the best way to do this? is there a cabel adapter i need to get? cost is not the issue. thx for any suggestions!

fj

Dual Core G5, 4GB, NV7800GT, Logic 8, FCS2, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Jun 15, 2009 7:24 AM

1 reply

Jun 25, 2009 8:48 AM in response to Frank Jacob

I have the same question. I've got the mini-display to component adapter plugged in and cables connected to the switch box. DTV and DVD work fine but I can't get iMac to recognize that the projector is hooked up. One possible solution that I've found is connecting a DVI Detective (see Gefen forum). However, I'm hoping Apple might have a better solution.

Is there an adapter for this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.