Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Domain Transfer Help

My boss is looking to move her domain over from Network Solutions over to a .mac. I was wondering if this could be done, and if the process is fairly simple. I was also wondering if her email, which is linked to the domain name, would also be able to be transfered over? We're looking to keep with URLs the same, but just use a different service. I'm not sure if this is the right place or not to post this, but any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
Evienne

PC, Windows XP

Posted on Jun 16, 2009 7:54 AM

4 replies

Jun 16, 2009 9:30 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

So say I make a new website on iWeb using my current domain and such. All the new files and things will be located on MobileMe and not on the other site where my name is hosted? Or is iWeb basically just like Dreamweaver where it just helps you create the site and nothing really else? I'm not very mac fluent or up to date on all the programs, so please bear with me.

Jun 16, 2009 10:47 AM in response to eellickson

So say I make a new website on iWeb using my current domain and such. All the new files and things will be located on MobileMe and not on the other site where my name is hosted?

After you have created your site in the iWeb app, you can then publish it to MobileMe, if you have an account there, or to any other server where you have arranged for space for your files. iWeb itself has nothing to do with "domain names." MobileMe provides urls of the form web.me.com/username/sitename but does not host domain names.

is iWeb basically just like Dreamweaver where it just helps you create the site and nothing really else?

Yes, iWeb is an app on your machine for creating website files and also for uploading them to a server so others can see them.

Jun 16, 2009 12:40 PM in response to eellickson

Welcome to the Apple Discussions. If this site is a commercial site you might want to reconsider moving to a MobileMe account and server. MMe is not as fast and reliable as a commercial server and has no ear-to-ear support. MobileMe is geared towards social networking and, as such, has a lot of server side overhead that makes the loading slower.

Actually, the Terms of User for MobileMe indicate that it's not to be used for commercial purposes. That being said I've not heard of any site being kicked off. I'm guessing it's more of a CYA move in case there are server problems a user can't sue Apple for lost revenue, etc.

+The Service is designed for personal use and not intended to be used for commercial business purposes, including, but not limited to, transacting online sales or software distribution via an e-commerce site.+

Just a heads up.

OT

Domain Transfer Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.