Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Extra silence at the end of song

Hey, so I'm in a songwriting competition and the challenge is to write a song that is exactly 1 minute long. My song clocks in at 59.98 seconds on GarageBand, but when I export the file to iTunes it adds and extra 4 seconds of nothing but silence to the end of the song. Is there a simple way to change this in GarageBand, or is there another method that could trim those 4 seconds off my song's time?

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.7), GarageBand '08

Posted on Jun 17, 2009 11:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2009 11:33 AM

Check the End of Song marker (the little purple triangle at the top of the timeline). You want to move it to the end of your song. Zoom in and/or use Alignment Guides to get it exact.
Alternately you can use the Cycle Region to export the exact length. Press C on the keyboard and the yellow band appears at the top.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2009 11:33 AM in response to rocketship_parsnip

Check the End of Song marker (the little purple triangle at the top of the timeline). You want to move it to the end of your song. Zoom in and/or use Alignment Guides to get it exact.
Alternately you can use the Cycle Region to export the exact length. Press C on the keyboard and the yellow band appears at the top.

Extra silence at the end of song

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.