Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dell BH200 Stereo Bluetooth headset and Iphone

I have a Dell BH200 Stereo Bluetooth headset and I can get the calls to come through it just fine, but I can't get any music to come through. I know the headset supports the AD2P or whatever it is but i also have the original Iphone to. Anyone know how to get music through this headset?

iPhone OS 1.x

Posted on Jun 17, 2009 7:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2009 8:35 PM

DerrickTH,

I assume from your post that you have an early generation iPhone, by which I mean NOT a 3G iPhone(it has a brushed metal back). If this is the case, then I am very sorry to inform you that your iPhone model does not support A2DP(Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) which is necessary in order to listen to music through a stereo bluetooth headset. Apple has stated that they do not intend to extend service to older generation models for this feature.
7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2009 8:35 PM in response to DerrickTH

DerrickTH,

I assume from your post that you have an early generation iPhone, by which I mean NOT a 3G iPhone(it has a brushed metal back). If this is the case, then I am very sorry to inform you that your iPhone model does not support A2DP(Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) which is necessary in order to listen to music through a stereo bluetooth headset. Apple has stated that they do not intend to extend service to older generation models for this feature.

Jun 18, 2009 4:25 PM in response to Thanar

Ok I have a Motorola H15 Headset which has Bluetooth version 2.1 + EDR...so my question is: Can I use this Headset to listen to music on my iphone3G? I have updated to 3.0 Firmware and I can conduct phone calls just fine with the headset, but I can't get any audio through the headset when I am playing songs. Do u have to buy a special Bluetooth accessory?

Aug 14, 2009 5:54 PM in response to DerrickTH

Hi, I have a Dell BH200 as well and I can play music in it and I can use it with calls but the problem is that when I try to call someone while listening to the music, the music fades and I can hear the other person on the other line but they can't hear me. But when Im not listening to the music and go straight to a call, it works fine. Is this normal? The second problem is that I can't use the skip button of the Dell BH200 to go to the next track. I can change the volume and pause the music but cannot go to the next track. I have to go to the iphone manually to do it. Thanks!

Dell BH200 Stereo Bluetooth headset and Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.