Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

Bug or Feature

408 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 17, 2009 11:47 PM by TheSaj RSS
jeffkc Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Jun 17, 2009 8:45 PM
In Contacts I had used special characters to group some of my Contacts. For example .bridge would sort bridge numbers together and @rest would group resturants. Previously these special character-prefixed names would sort to the bottom of my Contacts list.

In 3.0 the special characters appear to be ignored and the entries are sorted in alphabetic order in the Contacts list. Anyone know if this is a bug or a feature?

Previously in 2.2.1 and older:
#
.bridge1
.bridge2
@Rest1
@Rest2
Now in 3.0:
B
.bridge1
.bridge2
R
@Rest1
@Rest2

Message was edited by: jeffkc
iPhone OS 3.0
  • TheSaj Calculating status...
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 17, 2009 11:47 PM (in response to jeffkc)
    Just install ABC Contacts Lite. I believe it was free. It lets you create groups on your iPhone.

It's something Apple should have done. SHAME ON APPLE. Just pay ABC a few thousand dollars and add their code to the Contacts App.
    iPhone 3G, iPhone OS 3.0

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.