Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes not recognizing iPhone 1st gen after 3.0 update failure

I received an error when trying to update my iPhone 1st gen with the 3.0 software update so it left the factory "connect to iTunes to activate" screen on the iPhone, but when I connect it to iTunes, it doesn't recognize the device at all, even thow Windows XP does.

I've tried rebooting the PC, restarting iTunes, etc, but nothing.

Any help, please??!

Dell Inspiron E1505, Windows XP

Posted on Jun 17, 2009 10:52 PM

11 replies

Jun 19, 2009 10:41 AM in response to sgpiphone

Same situation here. Original iphone, tried updating to 3.0. In the middle of the update the USB disconnects and reconnects twice, then the itunes doesn't recognize the iphone any longer. I have a Macbook pro and am running this in a parallels window. I switched to the Mac side and ran the restore update from there and it worked fine. The windows version of itunes will not recognize the iphone now, even though XP does. I need this to work with the windows version, as I use outlook for contacts, etc. and the mac version wont sync these records.

iTunes not recognizing iPhone 1st gen after 3.0 update failure

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.