Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't sign in to iTunes to leave review for app

Today I downloaded a new app. No problem during the purchase. I had to sign in to my account and that worked fine. Now I want to leave a review for that app, but iTunes keeps asking my for my password. It's like it doesn't recognize what I am typing in. I left a review using my iPhone and didn't have a problem signing in from there.

Is the server too busy from everyone downloading iPhone 3.0? This is frustrating. Any ideas?

Intel, Windows XP, iPhone 3.0

Posted on Jun 18, 2009 8:43 AM

39 replies

Jun 18, 2009 1:51 PM in response to pjb0422

Well, it's good to know that I'm not the only one with this issue. I looked at the app in the App Store to see my review that I left with my iPhone, and it's not there. I downloaded another app, and entered my password and it worked. But it won't let me leave any reviews.

Oh well - just won't leave any reviews. I'm sure the developers will like that.

Jun 18, 2009 6:11 PM in response to Johnnie B. Goode

I am having the same problem. I reviewed Treasures of Montezuma and now that I installed iPhone 3.0 the game has slowed to a crawl. I went to sign in to change my review and note that problem and it kept acting like I was putting in the wrong password. I reset and changed my password several times with no luck.

Finally I realized I was able to log in to itunes, I just can't log in to review an app - strange bug. Perhaps related to the servers being overloaded on the iPhone 3.0 software?

-TS

Jun 19, 2009 1:47 PM in response to Crazyorloco

Use 'report a problem' to tell iTunes about those clicks. I had a music download some months ago which had a jump in the middle and I was given a refund. They eventually got a new download from the record company and I was able to get a decent copy.

Frustrating not to be able to comment on Apps, I bought Quickoffice yesterday - on my iPod Touch it shows as Quickoffice, but on the phone it has the Shazam icon! (Otherwise the app is fine).

Can't sign in to iTunes to leave review for app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.