Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

print a3 document as 2x a4 document

Hello,

I would like to make an A3 size document, but print it as 2x A4 document. Does anybody know how?

At this moment my solution is 2x A4 document, but I am having trouble to ad a picture which starts at page 1 and ends at page 2.

macbook pro 15 unibody, Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Posted on Jun 18, 2009 9:08 AM

4 replies

Jun 18, 2009 9:31 AM in response to digiwim

d,

I can imagine that you might have problems with printing 2X A4 depending on your printer's ability to print to the edge of the sheet.

That aside, my approach would be to go ahead and create the document in A3 format and then print it to PDF. In Preview I would split the PDF document using the Crop tool and print the two parts, now separate files, from Preview.

Jerry

Jun 18, 2009 3:35 PM in response to digiwim

Pages is not much help in this but you can make a work around.

Size the image to its final size which will be bigger than your A4 page. Position the image on the left hand page and position it so it sticks out the right of the page. Copy it.

Paste the copy on the 2nd (right hand page) and position it so that it sticks out the left hand side. Using the X & Y co-ordinates in your Inspector you can place them so they line up.

This method can also be used for text heads that span spreads.

Peter

print a3 document as 2x a4 document

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.