Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

Upgrade to 3.0 - NOT smooth - Any way to restore an older backup?

501 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 18, 2009 11:23 AM by John Pettit RSS
Jim Stembridge Level 2 Level 2 (170 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Jun 18, 2009 11:01 AM
I have an iPhone 3G (nov 2008 model). I accepted letting it upgrade to 3.0 this morning. I had 2.2.1 and it did a proper backup right before starting the 3.0 upgrade.

Halfway through the upgrade, I got a wierd error message saying it could not upgrade my phone and of course gave me the black screen with the USB cable - meaning you gotta start over.

I'm thinking, it did a backup so it should be able to install the new OS and restore all the data. 6 hours later, it's still trying to sync. It lost the restore cause right after it finally did install 3.0, it performed a backup. Great. Overwrote my older backup I'm sure.

So all I want is for it to restore the backup it completed BEFORE I started the 3.0 upgrade. Is there anyway to restore to an older backup or does iTunes ONLY keep one backup?
MacBook Pro 2.53 GHz Intel, 4 GB RAM, 500GB HD, Mac OS X (10.5.7), 1TB, 500GB, 400GB ext drives, (2) 8GB iPhone, (1) 16GB iPhone

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.