Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does safari have an IE integrater like firefox for IE only sites?

some of the sites i use at work only work on ie, i've been using firefox and they have a nice pluging that when your on a site that is designed around IE only, you can simply click a plugin drop down and click the IE tab and the site will work as if it's using IE and work fine

does safari have anything like that?

dell, Windows XP

Posted on Jun 18, 2009 12:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2009 3:16 PM

Yes it does. Go to Safari>Preferences>Advanced Tab and check "Show Develop menu in menu bar". Under Develop you will find User Agent. Select the browser you would like Safari to emulate, then go to your web address.

I have the same issue with work websites.

Nano
4 replies

Jun 18, 2009 3:28 PM in response to NanoSour

Hi NanoSour,

Select the browser you would like Safari to emulate,

Just to be clear, using the Develop menu does not emulate another browser. All it does is change the user agent string the browser sends to the webserver to be the user agent string used by another browser. It won't enable you to use any features that are Internet Explorer specific (such as ActiveX).

Having said that, it's still a good idea to try and gain access to some sites. Many simply do a check for the browser user agent and then deny access if they don't recognise the name.

Jun 18, 2009 6:57 PM in response to iBod

so, if i select ie as the user agent, it will use it for all sites, not just the selected site?

i like firefox's plugin and it works perfectly for the ie sites

i want to be able to use just one browser and i'm loving the coverflow and top sites of the safari, but it ***** to have to go to other sites with different browsers, it then just becomes a hassel

Jun 18, 2009 7:15 PM in response to beefcakescobra

so, if i select ie as the user agent, it will use it for all sites, not just the selected site?

It will use it for that particular window/tab session, so as long as you kee browsing in the same tab, it will retain the user agent setting. If you open a new window/tab, the user agent for that will be the default Safari one and will need to be changed.

Also, the setting is not retained across restarts of Safari.

Does safari have an IE integrater like firefox for IE only sites?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.