Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

store is stuck at "accessing itunes store"

I went to buy the update that allows my four hundred dollars ipod touch do what it should have done in the first place and after the buy now button, it gets stuck on accessing the itunes store. It annoys me a little to give them ten bucks but it really annoys me that it is trying to eat up my day. If anyone knows anything about this problem, some help would be greatly appreciated.

Macbook 13.3 White. 2.16 Ghz and 2 gigs ram, Mac OS X (10.5), Sony vaio 10.5, HP NC6320, PC bada** desktop for home

Posted on Jun 18, 2009 12:20 PM

6 replies

Jun 18, 2009 1:19 PM in response to thormcse

I downloaded mine yesterday afternoon just after it was released. It did take two attempts thanks to some stupid terms of service stuff. Once it connected, it wasn't blazingly fast so i guess it took ten minutes or so to download (I would normally have expected a couple of minutes).

And yes, I would expect that Apple setup multiple servers to handle the update. I think it was worse for iPhone users as they had to reactivate their phones after the update - and the activation server was overloaded for hours.

store is stuck at "accessing itunes store"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.