Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Kernel panic using Skype and USB headset with WireTap Pro recording

Sorry if I've got the wrong place.

I have to audio-record Skype sessions, and have been doing this successfully with WireTap Pro 1.3.4. WireTap Pro is claimed by some to be incompatible with Leopard, but the only problem I have with it is it frequently freezes while open in the background -- not while recording, fortunately -- and then comes up as "not responding" in the Force Quit window.)

I've just bought a Logitech Premium Notebook Headset with an analog-to-USB adaptor, which seemed more convenient than using my iMic. I did the Skype test call, which worked fine. Then I started WireTap Pro recording, clicked on the Skype test call again, and got a kernel panic. Rebooted, and the same thing happened twice in a row.

I can record Skype with WireTap if I connect the headset via my iMic.

Have I got to resign myself to not using the new Logitech USB adaptor? And if, in passing, anyone knows a cheap/free robust alternative to WireTap Pro, I'd be very grateful.

Macbook Pro 15", Mac OS X (10.5.6), 2.53Ghz 4GB

Posted on Jun 18, 2009 2:31 PM

4 replies

Kernel panic using Skype and USB headset with WireTap Pro recording

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.