Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone heat

My iPhone seems to have a higher temperature when I'm using my 3G to tether with my Macbook, even when my iPhone is locked. I have it in an Incase and have never been concerned with heat issues in the past. Should I be concerned?

MacBook 2.4GHz 4GB RAM, iPhone 3G 16GB, AppleTV 160GB, Time Capsule 500GB, Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Posted on Jun 18, 2009 4:20 PM

7 replies

Jun 18, 2009 4:49 PM in response to RyGuy009

RyGuy009 wrote:
My iPhone seems to have a higher temperature when I'm using my 3G to tether with my Macbook, even when my iPhone is locked. I have it in an Incase and have never been concerned with heat issues in the past. Should I be concerned?

I wouldn't be that concerned. Tethering takes a lot of power and is high usage. I would be concerned if it was so hot that you could touch it. Is it warm or hot? Mine gets warm when using it for a long time as they all do.

Jun 19, 2009 9:13 AM in response to Dustin Caccavari

I wouldn't worry about it. I used to have Sony Vaio you could cook eggs on after an hour or two of use.

I always thought something was wrong with it (other than it was a PC), but that was just how it rolled.

Actually, a while back the reason they started calling them "notebook" computers and not laptops was to avoid lawsuits from people burning their legs as processor speeds increased and heat became a huge issue.

Message was edited by: gb KeyserSoze

iPhone heat

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.