Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

iPhone heat

1617 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: Jun 19, 2009 11:07 AM by RyGuy009 RSS
RyGuy009 Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Jun 18, 2009 4:20 PM
My iPhone seems to have a higher temperature when I'm using my 3G to tether with my Macbook, even when my iPhone is locked. I have it in an Incase and have never been concerned with heat issues in the past. Should I be concerned?
MacBook 2.4GHz 4GB RAM, iPhone 3G 16GB, AppleTV 160GB, Time Capsule 500GB, Mac OS X (10.5.7)
  • clarkkent27 Level 1 Level 1 (115 points)
    Jun 18, 2009 4:49 PM (in response to RyGuy009)
    RyGuy009 wrote:
    My iPhone seems to have a higher temperature when I'm using my 3G to tether with my Macbook, even when my iPhone is locked. I have it in an Incase and have never been concerned with heat issues in the past. Should I be concerned?

I wouldn't be that concerned. Tethering takes a lot of power and is high usage. I would be concerned if it was so hot that you could touch it. Is it warm or hot? Mine gets warm when using it for a long time as they all do.
    MAcbook, Mac OS X (10.5.6), 4gb Ram 120 gb HDD Iphone 1 and 2
  • clarkkent27 Level 1 Level 1 (115 points)
    Jun 18, 2009 11:52 PM (in response to RyGuy009)
    RyGuy009 wrote:
    warm i guess, my macbook get hot.

If it's warm, that is normal after heavy use. Not sure about the macbook though. I used to tether on my sony ericsson and my macbook never got hot at all.
    MAcbook, Mac OS X (10.5.6), 4gb Ram 120 gb HDD Iphone 1 and 2
  • Dustin Caccavari Calculating status...
    Jun 19, 2009 9:04 AM (in response to RyGuy009)
    How heavy of use? All computers are going to heat up after use.
    Dell Inspirion 1545, Windows Vista, iPhone 3G
  • gb KeyserSoze Calculating status...
    Jun 19, 2009 9:13 AM (in response to Dustin Caccavari)
    I wouldn't worry about it. I used to have Sony Vaio you could cook eggs on after an hour or two of use.

I always thought something was wrong with it (other than it was a PC), but that was just how it rolled.

Actually, a while back the reason they started calling them "notebook" computers and not laptops was to avoid lawsuits from people burning their legs as processor speeds increased and heat became a huge issue.

Message was edited by: gb KeyserSoze
    24" iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.7), iPhone 3G S

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.