Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tethering over Bluetooth

Hello,

I have been able to successfully set up tethering over USB and Bluetooth on my macbook pro (10.5.7).
However, I have come to realise an annoying bug.

Whenever I put my Macbookpro to sleep (or deep sleep), after that the option to "connect to iphone" at the Bluetooth menu bar appears greyed out. The only way I have to fix this is to reboot my mac altogether.

Anyone found a fix or know if Apple is aware? or am I the only one?

MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo Santa Rosa 2.4 ghz 4gb ram 160gb hdd + iMac 2.2ghz, Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on Jun 19, 2009 1:18 AM

1 reply

Jun 21, 2009 8:44 PM in response to Jose M Olaya

Same issue here on my older style 2.5GHz MBP running 10.5.7

i tried everything else, and then finally (FINALLY) decided to reboot the computer (after at least a dozen iPhone reboots and deleting/adding iPhone as BT device....

Haven't noticed anyone else see this, though.

Is your iPhone jailbreaked? Mine is. Not sure if that plays into the equation or not.

Tethering over Bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.