Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accidental duplication of calenders and contacts

I synchronize my contacts and calenders on my iPhone via Mobile Me.

After installing the new 3.0 software I accidentally had the sync boxes checked for "Sync Address Book Contacts" and "Sync iCal Calenders" in iTunes. So I now have duplicate calender events on my iPHone. Also, when doing a spotlight search for a name, it appears next to the contacts icon but then again directly underneath (but without the icon), although tapping on either of these takes me to the relevant address book entry.

Although I've now unchecked the synch boxes in iTunes and clicked apply, it hasn't removed all the duplicated information on the iPhone. Is there a way of deleting all the duplicate calenders? I want to
remove all the Calenders that have appeared on my iPhone 'From my mac" and just keep all those synced from my mobile me account

thanks in advance

G5 iMac, Intel MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Jun 19, 2009 11:04 AM

3 replies

Jun 19, 2009 2:21 PM in response to jjhas

I've restored settings on my iPhone, which seems to have sorted out all the duplicate calender entries, but not the contacts. But resetting means that in the "info" window of iTunes when I attach my iPhone it asks me to set up Mobile Me on my iPhone again - even though none of my mobile me settings have been lost by doing the restore.

Jun 19, 2009 2:28 PM in response to Neil Myners

Here is what worked for me.

First: Make sure that Entourage or iCal and Contacts have the info correct.

Second: turn off syncing on both iTunes and Mobile Me. (You will still see the contacts on your phone – but it may show only one set now).

Wait 2-3 min.

Turn on Mobile Me on the phone. It will ask if you want to merge. Choose “no.” It will then ask if you are sure you want to delete what is on the phone. Choose “yes.”

You have now effectively got rid of what was on the phone (the annoying duplicates).

You can now also add back in the sync ability within iTunes (or just stick with Mobile Me).

*You may need to re-enter your password for Mobile Me on the phone. Go to Mobile Me and see if it shows your phone there (find my phone).

Hope that helps.

Accidental duplication of calenders and contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.