Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

godaddy email and push to iphone

I have godaddy as my email account. is there any way to use the PUSH feature with a go daddy email account?

Mac OS X (10.4.7)

Posted on Jun 20, 2009 3:39 AM

12 replies

Jun 25, 2009 3:14 PM in response to sseligson

If you're using our Hosted Exchange service for your email account, then you can use the push feature for your iPhone.

Due to the iPhone's non-standard implementation of push, we can not currently support push on that device with the standard IMAP email plans. We do, however, support push through other email clients, like Mail.app, using our IMAP service. This is done using the IMAP IDLE command.

Let us know if we can help any further and call 24/7 support for immediate assistance.

Jun 27, 2009 12:18 PM in response to puds011010

puds011010,

To set up iPhone to access your GoDaddy.com Hosted Exchange Email mailbox:

1. On your iPhone, click Settings.
2. From the Settings menu, select Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and then click Add Account.
3. From the Add Account menu, select Microsoft Exchange.
4. Complete the following:

Email
Enter your email address.
Domain
Leave this field blank.
Username
Password
Enter your email password.
Description
Enter a description of your email account.

5. Click Next.
6. In the Server field, type mail.ex1.secureserver.net. and then click Next.
7. Select any or all of the data you want to synchronize from your Outlook account, including Contacts, Calendar, and Mail.
8. Click Save.
9. When the synchronizing process is complete, you can access your Hosted Exchange Email mailbox from your iPhone.

Jun 29, 2009 4:27 PM in response to HDFreak

Brian,

To clarify, GoDaddy.com offers various email plans that can use either POP, POP or IMAP, or Exchange functions to check incoming mail. The above instructions will only work for Exchange Email plans. As such, you'll need to check and see what type of plan you have and then use the correct setup instructions.

If you do have an Exchange email plan and you're unable to connect using the above instructions, I would need further specific details in order to determine the issue. Therefore, I would you suggest that you contact our 24/7 support to troubleshoot the matter further.

If you have an email plan that uses POP or IMAP you can use the below instructions to connect via your iPhone -

1. If this is the first email account you're setting up on your iPhone®, tap Mail. Otherwise, from the Home screen, tap Settings.
2. On the Settings screen, tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
3. On the Mail, Contacts, Calendars screen, under Accounts, tap Add Account...
4. On the Add Account... screen, tap Other
[Email Options]
5. Enter your account information using your keypad.

Name
Enter your name as you want it to display on email messages you send.
Address
Password
Enter your password for your email account.
Description
Enter a description of this email address. The description displays in your email account list on your iPhone.

6. Tap Save.
7. Make sure that POP or IMAP is pre-selected and enter your Incoming Mail Server information.
[Email Options]

Host Name
For POP enter pop.secureserver.net or for IMAP, enter imap.secureserver.net.
User Name
Enter your full email address as your user name.
Password

8. Enter your Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) information.

Host Name
Enter smtpout.secureserver.net.
User Name
Enter your full email address as your user name.
Password

Note: The user name and password for your outgoing server is the same as the user name and password you have entered for the incoming server.
[Email Options]
9. Tap Save and confirm settings.

After completing your iPhone POP setup, we recommend using SSL for your security.

Enabling SSL

1. From the Mail menu, tap the email account for which you want to enable SSL.
2. Tap Settings.
3. Tap Advanced, and then tap Use SSL.
4. From the Incoming Settings menu, next to Use SSL, tap ON.
5. Tap Server Port and change the port to 995.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Jun 29, 2009 4:37 PM in response to GoDaddyGuy

I have followed these instructions several times and have had no sucess with my hosted exchange account. I have even contacted godaddy's customer service who say that if that doesn't work they have no other support. So why pay them if the service is incompatible?

When I set up the exchange account in Outlook 2007 I had to jump through some hoops as well to set things up. I'm just thinking godaddy's exchange service still has kinks to work out and I need to go with someone who has proven compatibility.

Jun 29, 2009 6:36 PM in response to puds011010

puds011010,

I've just tested the above Exchange setup instructions and I was able to properly setup an address on an iPhone. I did, however, notice that there was a delay between entering in the email address information and being returned to the same screen to enter in the server information.

As we would like to keep you as a customer, we would like to have one of our email experts give you a call and have sent you an email to that end.

Jul 1, 2009 6:56 PM in response to GoDaddyGuy

GoDaddyGuy,

I do have a hosted exchange account (single). I've tried calling tech support, and while he was very professionaly and tried several different things, we couldn't get it working. He did say that he has gotten other customer's iPhones to work with the exchange email. He also checked all of my setting on that end and said everything was set up properly.

Works perfectly through Outlook 2007.

I'll send you a private email and give you whatever info you need to help.

Thanks!
Brian

Message was edited by: HDFreak

godaddy email and push to iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.