Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Not Charging While On A Call

My iPhone 3G (currently running 3.0) refuses to properly charge while I am on a call. I used to be able to talk and charge at the same time, but lately, it shows the 'charging' symbol for a while and then just switches to 'connected'. The first time it did this, I realized too late and was left with a long and boring commute to work.

I am quite sure it has nothing to do with the update to 3.0, because it started doing this a day or two before I made the upgrade.

I usually connect to my laptop when charging, but I also tried connecting via the wall charger, which resulted in the same problem. I don't think it's a problem with the cord I use; I tried it with my Dad's too and it does the same thing.

The moment I hang up, though, I am able to charge my phone with no interruptions. It continuously shows the charging symbol without randomly switching to just connected.

I have a habit of making long, long phone calls and I like to have a fully charged phone when I leave for work or whatever. Does anyone know what the problem is/might/could be and/or how I could fix it?

Thanks.

Note: I was unsure under which topic this issue would be most appropriate and decided this was the best one. Please don't flame me if I'm wrong.

iPhone 3G, iPhone OS 3.0, 16GB, white

Posted on Jun 20, 2009 6:38 AM

2 replies

Jun 23, 2009 8:33 AM in response to 'K'

I've noticed that while I'm streaming content on the 3G network my phone will not charge either.. Even while connected to my laptop it will not charge while streaming. I believe this may have to do with the 3G bandwidth.. Try making your calls while 3G is turned off.. I think it will charge simultaneously and I'm curious to know if this will make a difference.

iPhone Not Charging While On A Call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.