Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bad DVD Playback on Computer

I have a G5 2.5 GHz running OS X 10.3.9 and when I make a video in Final Cut Pro, export it either as a reference or self-contained Quicktime Movie, drag it into iDVD and burn it, it plays fine on my home DVD player but on my G5, it has horizontal ripples that appear especially when there are camera movements (pans and tilts). These ripples are more obvious with full screen viewing - I have the 20" Cinema Display - which, after trying different encodings and iDVD preferences, has led me to think it's my DVD Player 4.0. I looked into downloading 4.5 and then 4.6 but I think those are Tiger only. Am I on the right track? Has anyone run into this? Do I have any options other than upgrading to Tiger? Thank you for your help.

Dan

Posted on Oct 13, 2005 6:26 PM

6 replies

Nov 21, 2005 10:12 PM in response to Dan Hannigan1

I am having the oposite problem. My video on the mac looks fine, but when I burn it to DVD it has those horizontal ripples. I thought it was my DVD burner (a panasonic 103 from 2001) so I replaced it with an NEC 3550A....same problem.
Any suggestions?

Video was recorded w Sony Mini-DV camera
Edited on Avid Express Pro
Storage 180 gig Firewire drive
Exported as QT movie (to internal hard drive)
16-bit Integer (Big Endian), Mono, 48.000 kHz
DV/DVCPRO - NTSC, 720 x 486, Millions
iDVD 5.0.1

G4 867 w 1.12 GV SDRAM
OS X 10.3.9

Bad DVD Playback on Computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.