Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hardware error code: 4MEM/43/40000006 B:1 C:1 R:0

I'm having random issues. Sometimes it won't startup right, often it won't wakeup from sleep without locking and I have to shut it off with the power button.
I've erased a new drive, installed a new system on it and it worked for a day then started in again.
I ran the 'extended' Apple Hardware test and got the following error:
4MEM/43/40000006 B:1 C:1 R:0

Anyone know exactly what that is?
the MEM seems like it may be a RAM issue, is that giving me the address of a bad ram chip?

HELP!!!!!

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.1), 9 gig RAM

Posted on Jun 20, 2009 7:28 PM

1 reply

Jun 20, 2009 10:24 PM in response to Mark Hollingsworth

Hi Mark,

this error code is indeed hinting to a bad RAM module, but not exactly to a bad RAM chip on one of the modules.

I had the 'same' error with RAM modules I bought earlier this year to upgrade my Mac Pro.
Sadly I didn't kept my notes on the error codes I received, but if I remember correctly the B:1 C:1 R:0 you get give you the exact position of the defect RAM module.
I narrowed it down when I rotated the RAM modules around on the two risers and running the extended AHT each time I switched the RAM modules.

Hope it helps

Stefan

Hardware error code: 4MEM/43/40000006 B:1 C:1 R:0

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.