Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

3.0 Upgrade - Various Artists Cover Flow Bug

Since I installed the 3.0 upgrade on my iPOD Touch, the Artist name in Cover Flow mode has been changed to "Various Artists" on some of my albums. When you compare the "info" settings of the albums with no problem to the albums with the "Various Artists" problem, there's nothing different. In other words, the upgrade didn't wipe out the Artist names; it just substitutes the "Various Artists" for the Artist name that's already entered when you're in Cover Flow mode. Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, did you find a way to correct it?

HP Pavilion, Windows Vista

Posted on Jun 20, 2009 7:43 PM

2 replies

Jul 16, 2009 8:27 PM in response to Death Star III

If the album shows up in cover flow, but all you see is empty black space, highlight every song in that album and right click and select "Convert ID3 Tags". Then, check the box by ID3 Tag Version (leave the selection as "none"). Click OK.

From what I can tell, that resets the album artwork. When that's done, right click the first song in the album and select "get info", then show it where the artwork image is as you normally would. This is how I reset and corrected all the cover problems I've been having.

3.0 Upgrade - Various Artists Cover Flow Bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.